Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

To make my hate a sin

Of all the things I know, this one rings the hardest
when you looked back at me with tears in your eyes
and told me why you'd done it. I don't know
that I could ever forgive you, because forgiving you
would make my hate a sin. I'm not sure that I'll ever
feel this way again, because I hear that lightning
only strikes only so often...
Remember that day when I was so far away
and all you wanted was to be near me? I can't
think of that moment now in its pure, uncensured happiness;
it's stained now with all the lies; it's oozing with disgust;
it's set apart in the field of my displeasure, with only bugs
called hate and anger for company.
The hardest thing about this day is that it's the day you're leaving,
and the day I have to say goodbye. We'll part and I'll never know
the reasons, the meanings of, or the truth. You're just
gonna walk through that gate, onto that plane, and go
away. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment