
Sooo even though I told a friend that this post would be about random descriptive things, I also told that same friend that I'm not good at randomly coming up with specific things simply for the coming up with them.
So here's what's been on my mind today:
"Doesn't that make you shiver; the way things could
have gone?"
-Missy Higgins
I was in a situation a little while a go that was less than good for me. Now I'm completely free of said situation, and I'm so grateful. It feels amazing. But now that I'm on the other side, details about it keep coming out of the woodwork (haha) that make me feel both queasy and really REALLY glad I'm out of it. It scares me how close I came to involving myself in disaster. I can only thank my Heavenly Father I didn't.
"And doesn't it feel peculiar that everyone wants a
little more?"
-Missy Higgins
So many of my friends are doing things that I never thought they'd do. In high school, I hung out with kids that were completely clean in every way except their language. They were the real "good kids" to me, even if a lot of people didn't put them into that group. Now, tons of those friends are drinking and smoking, and who knows what else. I know it's not fair because it's their life and they can do with it what they want. But, I can't help that it makes me really sad. I know how good they truly are, I just... I don't know why they're becoming people we never thought we'd be. It hurts because I love them.
"So that I do remember to never go that far, could you
leave me with a scar?"
-Missy Higgins
But that's life, right? Lessons learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment